TED is a private institution in Turkey. It was founded in 2012 and is part of the TED (Turkish Education Association) Group, a well-known educational institution in Turkey with roots dating back to 1928. The university's campus is in Ankara, Turkey's capital city. It has sophisticated facilities that facilitate students' academic and extracurricular interests, such as classrooms, laboratories, libraries, and recreational places. The goal of TED University was to provide a high-quality education that blends academic achievement with an emphasis on research and innovation. Thus, faculty and students are encouraged to participate in cross-disciplinary research projects. The university also encourages entrepreneurship and industrial collaboration. According to the "Turkish University Satisfaction Survey" 2023, TEDU is among the top five universities in student satisfaction. TED University aspires to develop international connections and partnerships. This includes student exchange programs, collaborative research projects, and partnerships with institutions worldwide.
Ted University Programs
TED University provides undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of disciplines, including engineering, natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and arts. The institution strives to give its students a well-rounded education. Here are the programs that TEDU offers:
Undergraduate Degree Programs:
- Business Administration
- International Relations
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- New Media and Communications
- Visual Arts and Communication Design
- English Language Teaching
- Primary School Teaching
- Guidance and Psychological Counseling
Graduate Degree Programs:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Arts in International Relations
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in Political Science and Public Administration
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Arts in English Language Teaching
Admission and Application Requirements
For undergraduate departments:
- Applicants must generally have a recognized high school diploma or its equivalent. As an International applicant, you must demonstrate equivalent qualifications.
- You should have a minimum of 60% on the Attestat diploma or a GPA of at least 3 out of 4 on the high school diploma.
- You should take the STA reasoning test. You must score 1000 out of 1600 in the "Math" and "Evidence-Based Reading and Writing" sections; a minimum "Math" score of 600 out of 800 for Engineering and Architecture Faculties and Economics and Business Administration programs." SAT results are valid for two years from the date they are taken. Results older than two years will be rejected.
- An official high school transcript that includes course grades. You must have official undergraduate academic records and transcripts with your application. These records are essential for evaluating your academic credentials.
- A formal letter from the institution detailing the duration and amount of financial help if financial support is granted.
- You must be lawfully present in Turkey during your TEDU registration.
- You should have a letter of intent and a scanned copy of your current undergraduate transcript.
- You must demonstrate your English language proficiency by providing standardized test scores, including EPE, TOEFL-IBT, TOEFL-PBT+TWE, IELTS.
- A copy of the ALES score paper has been required. You may substitute GRE scores for ALES.
For Graduate Programs:
- You should fill out the online application form.
- You should submit an updated CV to the online application system.
- You must have a bachelor's degree from a recognized college. Depending on the graduate program, the specific undergraduate degree required may differ.
- You should submit your academic transcripts and records.
- You must provide recommendation letters from professors or professionals who can evaluate your academic and research potential.
- You must submit a statement of purpose.
- You must have a valid Exam Result (ALES or GRE/GMAT).
- For Architecture and Urban Studies, you must submit a portfolio.
- You must demonstrate your English language proficiency through standardized tests like EPE, Toefl-IBT, and Toefl-PBT+TWE.
- You must submit your transcript and equivalency letter to ensure that your academic qualifications align with Turkish standards.
$7,000 to $8,000 annually.
$4,000 to $11,000 annually.
Accommodation and Living Conditions
To support its diverse student community, TED University provides a variety of housing and living situations. Two dorms are operated by TED University, where students may stay if they can afford it. On-campus housing in the form of dorms or residence halls is frequently available for those looking for convenience and a supportive environment. All students at TED University have access to modern housing options. Students can meet their needs in the Student Dorm for girls, which has 392 beds, and the Student Dorm for boys, which has 93 beds. International students can apply to the International Programs Office (IPO) for a place in the dorms. The IPO also assists in helping people find private housing (house-sharing). These facilities provide students with vital amenities such as furnished rooms, internet access, and public areas, resulting in a comfortable living environment. Additionally, to help new students with their housing arrangements when they arrive, the institution provides ten days of free housing at the beginning of their term. Alternatively, some students may choose to live off-campus in private flats or shared accommodation, taking advantage of the university's many housing alternatives in Ankara. If necessary, TED University will assist in locating acceptable off-campus housing. Students can benefit from various campus facilities, transportation alternatives, and a commitment to safety and security, whether on or off campus, offering a fulfilling and secure living experience. In the event of a health problem, students can visit the campus Health Care Center and obtain free examination and first-aid services. In emergencies, immediate treatment is offered at the health care center, and transfer to the hospital is provided if necessary. Therefore, in your new journey, the university will be helpful.