Psychology has been considered as one of the most fascinating fields which fundamentally examines the way people think, feel and act. Psychologists observe every aspect of human consciousness, memory as well as the basic functions of the brain. Psychology is undoubtedly a challenging major however, it is also one of the most sought-after majors around the world. After receiving a bachelor’s degree in psychology, it is possible to be employed in various fields. Students can study BA (Bachelor of Arts) in psychology or BS (Bachelor of Science) in psychology depending on the related university’s program. While BA programs open up career options in fields like criminal justice, law, business and journalism, BS graduates are generally qualified as psychiatric technicians, lab assistants, career counselors, and case workers.
Study Psychology in Hungary
Hungary is one of the European nations that has made large investments in higher education, with clear results. In Hungary, there are six universities in total which are listed in QS World University Rankings thanks to their success rates. From some of these six universities, it is possible to find excellent BA (Bachelor of Arts) programs in psychology.
Advantages of Study Psychology in Hungary
The biggest advantage of studying psychology in Hungary is the affordable living cost. Students can reach quality education with lower costs in Hungary. Additionally, Hungarian universities are offering a variety of scholarships for international students. Furthermore, Hungary is among to safest countries which makes it easier to be a stranger.
Career Paths for Psychology Degree Majors
Psychology students can choose a variety of career paths. The most common ones are clinical psychologist, educational psychologist, guidance counselor, child and family psychologist, drug and alcohol counselor, career counselor, and community projects leader.
What Skills Do I Need to Become a Psychologist?
The most significant skills you need to have can be listed as:
- Critical thinking
- Gathering data and synthesizing it
- Ability to work effectively in any kind of environment
- Being tolerant and ethical
Is Psychology Right for Me?
There are some specifications if you would like to understand whether psychology is right for you or not. These specifications are being an empathetic and open-minded person, enjoying solving problems, being a good listener and paying attention to the smallest details. Moreover since psychology is among the competitive majors, patience and hard work will be needed. If you have these qualities, a psychology major is likely to be right for you.
How Long Does It Take to Become a Psychologist?
Undergraduate programs in Hungary generally take three years while the duration of a master’s degree can take one or two years.
The Best Universities to Study Psychology in Hungary
The best universities to study psychology in Hungary are Eotvos Lorand University, Corvinus University of Budapest and University of Szeged.
- Eotvos Lorand University: Leading research university in the heart of Hungary, offering a fantastic atmosphere for research and quality education to the foreign community, as well as Hungary's largest range of exchange and degree programs. ELTE diplomas are recognized internationally, and course credits are transferrable across all European Union countries.
- Corvinus University: One of Hungary's most significant research institutions is Corvinus. The university has a major focus on business administration, economics, and social sciences. Students can receive education in the university’s six different faculties, and they provide courses leading to bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in specialized fields taught in Hungarian, English, French, or German.
- University of Szeged: At the Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral levels, the University of Szeged offers more than 70 full-time international degree programs in English, as well as in German and French. There are students from all around the world, with 4,500 international students from roughly 130 different nations. Most importantly, the EU, USA, and the Ministry of Education and Science have all acknowledged the University of Szeged's degrees
Psychology Admission Requirement
The admission requirements for studying psychology in Hungary include a minimum score of 5.5 from IELTS or a minimum score of 69 from TOEFL IBT. Also, some universities might require an IB diploma. For the master’s program, a bachelor’s degree in any related field, with a GPA with overall above 60%, along with 6+ IELTS score or 79+ TOEFL IBT score is required. However, it is possible to note that the requirements may change depending on the university.