Southern Denmark University (SDU) is one of the leading public universities located in Odense, Denmark. Based on metrics such as academic and employer reputation, international faculty ratio, international student ratio, and international research network, SDU is among the top 300 universities globally.
SDU stands out for its wide range of academic programs, international atmosphere, and high-quality research activities. In addition, it provides a competitive advantage in the international arena with its modern teaching methods. Southern Denmark University is equipped with a diverse portfolio of programs with specializations in different fields such as medicine, engineering, business, law, social sciences, humanities, and health sciences, and supports undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students with research centers.
Southern Denmark University Programs
Here are some of the popular undergraduate and graduate programs that SDU offers.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering, Innovation and Business
- Software Engineering
- Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
- Environmental Engineering
- Operations Management
- Physics and Technology
- Robot Systems (Advanced Robotics/Drone Technology)
- Software Engineering
Admission and Application Requirements
For undergraduate departments:
- All undergraduate programs carry the basic requirement of an admissions exam.
- Diploma and transcript of the last three years
- Program-specific admission requirements must be met
- Maintain a specific GPA (if specified below admissions requirements),
- Participating in the entrance exam, - Aptitude test (uniTEST), and other program-related special tests (if specified under entry requirements)
- You are also expected to take one or more tests related to the programs you are applying for. The type of test may be different for each program but may be in the form of an interview, motivation letter, written test, or something similar.
For graduate departments:
- A relevant bachelor's degree: A bachelor's degree associated with the applied master's program is required. Or, a professional Bachelor's degree or other degree of the same level: In some cases, a professional Bachelor's degree or other degree may also be acceptable for application.
- A minimum score of 88 must be obtained for the TOEFL iBT test (it must be valid for a maximum of 2 years at the time of application).
- A minimum overall score of 6.5 must be obtained from the IELTS academic exam (with a maximum validity of 2 years at the time of application).
- Motivation letter
- Explanation of the grade scale used in the undergraduate diploma and transcript
6,500 EUR–14,000 EUR / Annually
8,500 EUR - 13,000 EUR / Annually
Accommodation and Living Conditions
The University of Southern Denmark places a high priority on the housing needs of both permanent and exchange students and offers accommodation to students located in the cities of Odense, Esbjerg, Kolding and Sønderborg. However, certain application periods must be taken into account for this housing guarantee, and applications must be made in only one city. In this way, the university aims to provide students with a comfortable accommodation solution and a more comfortable integration process when they start studying in Denmark.