Krakow Jagiellonian University, the first higher education institution to provide education in Poland and the second educational institution with higher education status opened in Europe, is one of the oldest universities in the world. The Jagiellonian University, which has been operating for about 650 years, has become one of the symbols of the city of Krakow over time.
Almost every faculty of the university is shown as the number 1 in Poland in their branches. Today, the Jagiellonian University has nearly 46,000 students, 3,700 academic staff, and about 500 distinguished professors.
Jagiellonian University, the oldest and most established university in Poland, is also one of the oldest educational institutions in Europe. It was founded on 12 May 1364 by King Casimir of Poland. Since its first establishment, it has always been an international institute and has attracted students from all European countries in ancient times. The most important historical figures who studied at this University are Nikolas Copernicus and Pope Jon Paul II.
Life at Jagiellonian University
Ranked 307 in the World Rankings, the university has a historic campus in Krakow City center and a new modern campus. Jagiellonian University, which tests various specialization opportunities in the humanities and social departments and has the best Medical Faculty in Poland, offers master's and double degree programs. The Modern Research Center also provides dormitories within the university campus, which provides various opportunities to students in terms of university life with international student unions. The dormitory prices of the university start from approximately 100 Euros.
Jagiellonian University, which contributes to the fascinating historical spirit of the city with its historic campus in the very center of Krakow, celebrated its 650th anniversary in 2014.
Jagiellonian is recognized as the best University in Poland, and nine faculties are in the top 250 in the world rankings, and other departments are in the top 500.
Jagiellonian University Programs & Fees
The Jagiellonian University programs and annual fees are as follows.
- International Relations & Area Studies: 4000 Euros
- European Studies: 4000 Euros
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Program: 13000 Euro
- Global Development Studies: 4000 Euros
- Earth Sciences in a Changing World: 2815 Euros
- Medical Doctor Program: 14000 Euros
- Studies in Central & Eastern Europe: 2800 Euros
- Business & Finance Management: 3100 Euros
- Comparative Heritage Studies: 3900 Euros
- European Studies: 4200 Euros
- Intellectual Property & New Technologies: 5000 Euros
- International Relations (Joint Programme, Consortium of Jagiellonian University, Brno University, Pecs University, And Matej Bel University in Banska Bystrica) 5750
- International Security & Development: 4000 Euros
- Korean Studies: 1800 Euros
- Transatlantic Studies: 2700 Euros